"Air goes in and out, blood goes round and round, any variation on this is a bad thing." -House

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

And the world goes round and round...

Literally. I'm a mess today. Why is it when I've got an explination for how I'm feeling it doesn't make the anxiety over it go away?? I also need to ban myself from websites about medication. I think that all this dizzyness I'm feeling (which is BAD today) is a result of the cymbalta (still). I haven't had alcohol recently, in more than a year actually, and the other night I took nyquil so I could sleep without sneezing up a storm. It was the morning after I took the nyquil that my dizzyness really started. Now I of course dug up testimonials of people that alcohol can exasterbate the withdrawal symptoms from the cymbalta. This is totally logical to me and, if true, means that I've got nothing to worry about, just a little bit of uncomfortable dizzyness to work around. It might last for weeks, the sites say. Apparently this medication alters your brain chemistry so much that even 2 weeks on it can cause you to withdraw. I'm hating the way I feel now because I can't seem to snap myself out of it. My muscles are all tense and my chest is tight, I have a lump in my throat. I just want to go home and sleep or cry or both... this is so scary. It's like I'm not in control of my own body. Well, at least I know that it gets better from here, because it has before. I just wish I could convince the tiny hypochondriac on my shoulder of that. I wish that little bitch would shut up :)

1 comment:

Leila V. said...

lol! I've got that same bitch on my shoulder, and what I wouldn't do to shut her up!

It's one thing to understand why you're feeling a certain way. It's a whole-nother thing to convert that realization into a cure. Hope you feel better.