"Air goes in and out, blood goes round and round, any variation on this is a bad thing." -House

Friday, July 6, 2007

A new beginning (again)

I didn't last very long on lexapro, long story but I'm finally (mostly) over the icks and eating again. I'm also on day 4 of Remeron, another anti-depressant that I've done ok with so far. It's main side effects are promotion of appetite and drowsiness. I was all about the drowsiness for the first 2 nights, then...poof...no sleep. The issue is that I'm starting this med whilst trying to quit taking the anti anxiety medication, so rebound anxiety abounds and once again I'm back to thinking that a large portion of the crap I've gone through these past 4 months is because of the benzo medication. It's apparently very easy for your body to get dependant on and very hard to get out of your system. This would be a nice thing to tell people BEFORE they start taking it. They throw medication at you in a time when you're scared and desperate and have NO idea of the long term issues it might cause.
Having said all that, I'm optomistic about remeron, despite the fact that it's not living up to it's 'knock you out' promise, it does seem to be helping. I'm back on the road and according to the last road sign I just passed, I'm headed in the right direction this time.
On a MUCH more exciting note, I wish it was March 2008 already. My roommate and I just booked a cruise to celebrate the end of our twenties next year. We're caribbean bound in the beginning of March, following a day in Orlando visiting mickey and riding obscene amounts of nostalgic rides. Wheeeeee!

2 comments:

Barbora said...

Glad you got past the "icks"! Not eating or sleeping can send whatever symptoms you suffer from through the roof.

Trazadone has helped with the sleep issues for me...for...uh...over 12 years now. I still take the same dose I started with all those years ago.

Leila V. said...

A Caribbean cruise huh? That's my kind of medication. I went on one two years and had a blast. I'd definitely recommend the Canopy Tour in Jamaica.

Good luck with the medication.