"Air goes in and out, blood goes round and round, any variation on this is a bad thing." -House

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Feeling good (for now)

All is well on the ick front, instead I've got cravings for food I'm not sure exists. Never experienced a side effect like this one, it seems I crave food the fuller I am (if Leila gets to use the word 'pealy', I get to be creative, too). It's the Joss Whedon school of English usage, so anything goes! So I'm proud of myself this morning, I managed to fall asleep last night without assistance! Yipee!! And my Mindfulness Based Stress Relief (MBSR) class starts tonight at Duke University. I'm not all that jazzed about driving all the way to Durham and staying there until 9 tonight, but I scoped out the place at the orientation and it appeared to be pretty safe. You never know with Durham, though...'tis a scary place sometimes. You gotta wonder about a city where they brag about upping the funding to detectives investigating the latest drive by death of an innocent bystander, but you get a blank stare when you suggest they might find it useful to try to prevent the crime in the first place. But I digress (and don't live in Durham). I live in a wonderfully small town called Apex (the Peak of Good Living). It's Mayberry with a Super Target. It's adorably quaint when you can get stuck waiting for a train to go by on your way to (and from) the grocery store (of which we have 8!). It's a wonderful place to live...as long as they don't let the chemical disposal people rebuild (yes that was us).

1 comment:

Leila V. said...

Addie:
Peely is totally a word, so is bally, like when a sweater gets old and starts to ball.

Glad to hear you got rid of the icks. And congratulations on starting the new MBSR class, even if it is in the ghetto. Two words for you, pepper spray. ;)