"Air goes in and out, blood goes round and round, any variation on this is a bad thing." -House

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Methought I heard a voice cry 'Sleep no more'...

I thought the above quote was appropriate because I am having freaky insomnia on Shakespearean proportions!! Never before have I experienced sleep paralysis before, but gosh darn it, I know what it feels like now! I have to say it was the least freaky experience of the evening, frankly because I understand the physiology of why it happens AND I'm not one of the folks who experiences this and thinks they have been abducted by aliens. The part that's really bothering me is the 'constantly waking up, thinking there's someone in my room or not knowing where I am, or just tossing and turning with a general unease. Oh, and tylenol PM sucks. No effect whatsoever. I'm seeing my doctor on Thursday and I've narrowed it down to Rozerem or Lunesta. I need something to get me through these long nights (and the even longer days on little sleep). I'm going to start talking in prose soon because I've been reading Shakespeare at night when I can't sleep. I'm sticking to the comedies, though...wouldn't want to have bad dreams!
O God! I could be bounded in a nut-shell, and
count myself a king of infinite space, were it not
that I have bad dreams.
- Shakespeare

Seriously, though, the Bard rocks...even though I totally believe that there never lived a ,man called "Shakespeare". (I subscribe to the Marlowe theory)

After all this whining about my sleep, it really is the only thing I've got to complain about. My mindfulness class is going to wrap up in a few weeks and I can't believe the difference in the way I deal with stress. It's been a Godsend.

and this post would not be complete without 'diabolical kitty with grammar issues'.